Leading indoor and outdoor kilim rugs manufacturers . Kilim rugs are the exquisite kind of rugs , manufacture by Iran , Azerbaijan , Turkey and other countries of Central Area . These traditional rugs are a historical manifestation .
Flat tapestry rugs known as gelim in Persian , have taken their place in today’s trade . Furthermore , the top leading kilim rugs are produced in Iran mostly and export worldwide . In addition , some antique pieces of kilim rugs are present in the various museums of the world . This is one of the reasons why kilims are famous in many Western countries .
Significance of kilims
People use kilim rugs in their homes especially in West as floor-coverings and for decoration purposes . The westerners always welcome these unique antique product to take place in their households . Moreover , The true kilims are those , that manufacture in tribal areas by the skilled tribal people .
Furthermore , weavers in tribal areas practice weaving as an occupation . These people earn their living by these rugs .
Attributes of leading indoor and outdoor kilim rugs
Kilim rugs are traditional rugs . These rugs carry diversity such as in sizes , designs , motifs , way of productions , purposes . To elaborate the diversity present in kilims , following are some important points :
- Sizes : Kilims are present in large , medium and small sizes . Every size of kilim is used for specific purpose . For example large is for floor-coverings , for large areas .
- Designs : These rugs hold elaborateness of manifold designs such as Herati , Shah Abbasi , Gol Henna and many others .
- Motifs : Traditional kilim rugs have various kinds of motifs . These motifs are mostly based on the symbols of tribes such as Eye , Comb motif , Water motif ,Bird motif , Scorpion motif and many others .
- Way of productions : Kilim rugs are produced both manually and industrially on a very high scale . Moreover , kilims produce in villages and tribal areas are original .
- Purposes : Rugs like kilims use indoor and outdoor as well . Outdoor kilim rugs are mostly used in balcony and under tea table while indoor kilim rugs are used in rooms , TV lounge , dinning halls .
Kilim rugs in market
These traditional rugs are widely present in today’s market , as they are in progress in trade , Kilims are present on discounts too . Moreover , These rugs are present in new form and used forms . Kilims have tendency to attract customers greatly due to their traditional and cultural look . To mention here , Iran’s capital “Tehran” is the world’s highest manufacturer and exporter of kilim rugs .