Quality handwoven kilim rugs exports . Kilim rugs or cultural rugs , in past as well as in present fabricated by Iran , Azerbaijan , Turkey , Kazakhstan . Kilims extend historical , traditional , cultural gaze to a place and industrially have a great importance .
Iran exports handwoven kilims immensely . The quality handwoven kilim rugs on a large scale exported to different countries as they elaborate manifold designs . People in villages mostly spend their days and nights to manufacture kilim rugs , this shows the value and preciousness of these traditional rugs .
Importance of handwoven kilim rugs
- Kilims have roots back into the ancient times . Discoverers found kilims dating back to at least fourth or fifth century CE in Hotan , China .
- The weave of the quality handwoven kilim rugs , is quite similar to the modern kilims .
- Kilims are not long-lasting as compare to the rugs , as they don’t have piles to protect the warps and wefts .
- Kilims are cheaper than pile rugs that’s why the trade of kilims , is a good way to start with .
- The more tightly a rug is woven or knotted , the more well designed and exquisite it will look .
- The weft strands in a rug is always of wool and on the other side the warp strands can be of wool or cotton .
- Conventionally the density of the knots and the uniqueness of designs , carry the real value of a rug .
- Rugs and carpet weaving have gone through bad times such as times of political unrest and the influence of commercial demands .
- As kilims have ever lasting designs , motifs , colors through which tehy have become universal demand .
- Kilims are the quality source of healthy , traditional and cultural enviornment .
Quality handwoven kilim rugs details
Traditionally for the weaving of kilims local men usually shear wool in autumn or spring and local women convert the wool into yarn on spinning wheels . As the handwoven kilims are present in various colors , mostly natural colors such as red , blue , brown , white . These colors are produced by walnut skin , lettuce leaf , pomegranate skin etc . Women are responsible to give different colors , designs and to bring a pure cultural , historical and nomadic life , look to rugs and carpets . Men (fathers) train their sons to shear wool while women (mothers) train their daughters to use materials , tools , skills etc .
As Iran and Azerbaijan are leading in the manufacture and export of quality handwoven kilim rugs . The two countries have got place on UNESCO Intangible Cultural Heritage Lists .